Materials Requirements Planning (MRP/MRP ll)
Quviant helps organizations increase efficiencies and cash positions by defining systems and methods that maintain low inventory levels, provide production and manufacturing planning and refine purchasing and logistics activities. Our MRP II solutions address operational planning in units, include financial planning, and provide simulations that answer the “what-if” questions.
Our MRP II methods melds people skills, database accuracy diligence, and software systems. MRP II integrates financials include fluctuations in forecast data, which are integrated into the master production schedule which create long-term look-aheads and control.
Our solutions are designed and tailored to take into account the client’s enterprise capacity, production and financial risks and opportunities, all with an eye to our client’s growth planning.
It’s Not Just About Software
Many firms focus on selling, implementing and supporting MRP/MRP II software systems. Quviant’s MRP strategic solutions work differently.
First and foremost, we focus on our client’s needs and end-state of what they want their MRP/MRP II system to be, and begin mapping and detailing the forward strategies that align the processes that capture the correct data and produce the correct answers. Our experts work with clients to analyze and decompose current systems, processes, work-flows and end-products to define what’s working, and what’s not. We maximize yield of prevailing systems, while defining streamline strategies for both new and existing ones including forecasting, master planning, order processing, available-to-promise (ATP), customer service, purchasing, shop floor control, just in time (JIT) inventory control, and cost accounting. Lastly, after our assessment we provide our clients unbiased next step strategies and, if necessary, commercial ERP/MRP software that fits our clients near and long term objectives.
Data Integrity is Everything
While MRP software is essential in today’s business environment, the information coming out is only as good as the information going in. If the processes, methods and standards that capture MRP data are flawed, then the likelihood of the data being flawed is high.
One of the keys to Quviant’s MRP success strategies to ensure data integrity is detail designing and planning in all aspects of how MRP data is captured. We identify and define the ‘Who, What, Where, Why and How’s’ the data is captured and implemented, along with defining the quality standards that validate data integrity.
Quviant’s MRP strategic consultancy is designed to simultaneously meet streamlining objectives that establish standards whereby:
- Materials are available for production, and on-time product delivery to customers
- The lowest possible material and product levels in store are maintained
- Manufacturing activities, delivery schedules and purchasing activities are planned, processes are documented, work-flow methods developed and resources trained
- Cross-functional, multilevel MRP information stakeholders are identified and communication vehicles and methods developed
Quviant MRP/MRP II Expertise
Our consultants provide clients with in depth, industry-broad knowledge in the following areas:
- Inventory management
- Time-phased order point/safety stock and ABC classification
- Physical inventory management in conjunction with EDI and bar coding
- Implementation of EDI (electronic data interchange), bar coding
- Integrating JIT with MRP systems and operations
- Design and reengineering of computer-based customer-company-supplier strategies
- Application of project management practices including critical path method (CPM), resource loading and PERT/Productivity for measuring team performance
- Activity-based costing and use of ABC to accurately determine product costs that identify non-value added costs and control technology overhead cost.
MRP allows for the input of sales forecasts from sales and marketing, and it’s these forecasts that drive materials demand. While MRP allows for the coordination of raw materials purchasing, MRP II facilitates the development of a detailed production schedule that accounts for machine and labor capacity and scheduling the production runs according to the arrival of materials.
Quviant provides our MRP/MRP II clients with master production schedules that breakdown specific plans for each product on a line. These plans including key information about the cost of production, machine time, labor time and materials used, as well as final production numbers, that’s integrated with accounting and finance groups.
Our experts define critical strategies that assure MRP II system data is fully integrated where output information drives manufacturing and enterprise efficiencies.
Quviant’s integrated MRP/MRP II strategic solutions provides the processes methods that captures data consistently and accurately, and defines key analytics in the following areas:
- Bill of materials (BOM) (technical data)
- Capacity planning or capacity requirements planning (CRP)
- Cost reporting / management (cost control)
- Inventories and orders (inventory control)
- Item master data (technical data)
- Master production schedule (MPS)
- Material requirements planning (MRP)
- Production resources data (manufacturing technical data)
- Purchasing management
- Shop floor control (SFC)
- Standard costing (cost control)