- Security Engineer
- Technology & IT
- Maryland, United States
The Security Engineer will join the Direct System Administration team to lead our system security efforts. Candidates should be knowledgeable with Web Technologies built upon Linux enterprise platforms. Candidate should also be knowledgeable in both commercial and open source security technology.
The Security Engineer will be responsible for:
- - Managing all aspects of network, OS, and systems security.
- - Current system state security assessments.
- - Providing policy and security controls recommendations for an improved security posture.
- - Assisting in the implementation of these recommendations.
- Ten (10)or more years of security engineering experience
Candidate should have working experience in the following areas:
- Host Intrusion Detection System (HIDS)
-Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention (NIDS/IPS)
- Network device configurations
- - Cisco ACLs
- - Checkpoint or equivalent enterprise firewalls
- - Develop security policy documents
- - Work with corporate security groups to ensure compliance
- - Scan servers to ensure compliance (e.g. openscap)
- - Scanning networks to determine compliance
- - Monitoring security logs to identify security policy violations
-Linux System Administration
- - Scripting
- - Package installation
- - Troubleshooting performance issues
- Managing software updates to ensure security vulnerabilities are addressed
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a mid to senior level security engineer.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other technical degree.
- CCNP/CCIE Security or CISSP Certifications desired