- Systems Manager
- Technology & IT
- Maryland, United States
The Systems Manager will provide strong technical leadership as well as oversight in planning, design, implementation and operation of a highly virtualized and high growth environment. The Systems Manager will ensure that our systems are reliable and providing optimum performance for our various applications.
The Main Responsibilities for this position are:
- Assist in defining the server/virtual vision for the organization and execute to achieve that vision.
- Maintain and test disaster recovery for all critical business applications/systems.
- Schedules and performs installations and upgrades in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performance tuning and proactive monitoring of all Windows Servers
- Support of corporate messaging system: MS Exchange, ActiveSync, BlackBerry, etc.
- Provide operational support for our VMWare-based virtual infrastructure including private and hybrid Cloud infrastructures, virtual server infrastructure, and VDI environment. Use scripting skills to develop Cloud templates and management infrastructure.
- · Performs capacity planning and provide recommendations to enhance performance.
- Be an active member of the operations team.
- Be available for 1 week per month on-call duties (24x7).
- Create and update system documentation and operational procedures for shared knowledge base.
- Analyze and problem-solve complex technical issues with minimal supervision within a team environment.
- Mentor and develop technical team.
- Provide proven organizational skills
- Provide proven ability to lead a team, including team-building skills along with a relentless focus on providing great service to customers
- Demonstrate experience leading moderate to complex projects
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 8 years of related experience managing Windows Operating Systems and large virtual environments.
- Well versed in network troubleshooting – LAN, WAN, basic routing, etc.
- Advanced Active Directory user security and management.
- Experience managing one or more MS technologies: Exchange, SCOM, SCCM, Lync.
- In depth knowledge of Cisco UCS platform.