- Lead Application Integration Specialist
- Technology & IT
- Maryland, United States
Primary responsibility for the organization’s technical architecture, including development, execution, operations, data, security, and network architectures. Responsible for understanding all of the infrastructure, hardware, systems software, networking products, and protocols. Ensures that all components work together, ensuring that the technical architecture design meets the technical objectives and requirements. Defines, acquires or develops, installs, and maintains technical services/solutions needed by the applications. Converts quality requirements into the technical architecture design. Participates in the reuse of components for the technical architecture, avoiding duplication of effort.
- Development and/or modification of procedures, programs or hardware to solve business systems problems, considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating costs and business needs.
- Works with the technical team and management to propose system strategies to support company needs.
- Serve consultative resource to IT staff by performing or assisting with system design in areas such as infrastructure, security, operations, integration, execution and network, often spanning multiple heterogeneous platforms, and particularly as these designs apply to new business drivers such as eCommerce and other Web Technologies.
- Develop, coordinate and manage projects and project plans for development; develop proposals and delivery tasks/issues
- Technical and business writing; including formal/informal oral presentation; Standards development
- Functions as an Enterprise Applications integration specialist for interoperability design and problem resolution related to business applications and related middleware components.
- Performance monitoring, capacity planning, system tuning, availability planning;
- Design and implement next generation web and multi-tier solutions for new applications and existing web-based and client-server application with minimal assistance
- Select, evaluate and recommend third-party software solutions for business problems
EDUCATION/ POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Familiarity with new technologies and how they could be leveraged to benefit the department, new business strategies and corporate initiatives.
- Experience in client server, OO and/or netcentric development.
- Has technical knowledge of all components of one or more operating systems or subsystems.
- Familiarity with network protocols, particularly TCP/IP.
- This position requires a BA/BS in computer science or related IT field OR equivalent experience.
- 8 years of experience in high-level systems and/or applications and/or network design,
- Development and tuning of Pega applications, as well as with database design and access, and familiarity with networking fundamentals.
- Knowledge of system analysis and design methodologies and tools, and experience with large and complex systems.
- Experience with multi-system/platform program integration.
- Experience in all and demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following: logical and physical applications design; technical documentation; full-cycle system development; networking; security; web and/or web application server administration; NT, Unix, and/or mainframe systems administration.